So what is interactive video for e-learning?
Interactive video for e-learning refers to a type of video content that allows learners to actively engage with the material. This is through dynamic and interactive elements. These elements can include features such as quizzes, branching scenarios, hotspots, and simulations.
It is a superb way to increase learner engagement and promote active participation in the learning process – especially in our hybrid working world. By providing opportunities for learners to interact with the material. Furthermore, they can gain a deeper understanding of the content and improve their retention of information.
Interactive video can be used in a variety of e-learning contexts, including online courses, training modules, and instructional videos. As such, it can be especially effective for teaching complex or technical topics that may be difficult to understand through text or static images alone.
As a result, this methos is a powerful tool for creating engaging and effective e-learning experiences that help learners achieve their learning objectives.
How to create an interactive video for e-learning in 7 steps
- Define your learning objectives and target audience: Determine what you want your learners to achieve and who your target audience is.
- Choose your video creation tool: Select a video creation tool that supports interactive elements, such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, or H5P.
- Plan your video: Plan out the structure of your video and create a storyboard. This will help you to organise your content and decide on the interactive elements you want to include.
- Create your video: Use your chosen video creation tool to create your video content, including any visual aids and audio.
- Add interactive elements: Add interactive elements to your video, such as quizzes, hotspots, branching scenarios, and simulations. Use the features of your video creation tool to add these elements to your video.
- Test and evaluate: Test your interactive video with a small group of learners to make sure that it is effective and engaging. Use their feedback to improve your video.
- Publish your video: Publish your interactive video to your e-learning platform, such as a learning management system (LMS), so that learners can access it.
Overall, interactive video can be a powerful tool in e-learning, providing learners with an engaging and effective way to acquire and retain knowledge. By following these steps, you can create an effective and engaging e-learning training that helps learners achieve their learning objectives.
Get in touch
If you have any questions on how we can help with creating interactive video content, or would like to book a demo, please get in touch. You can contact us via our contact form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.